Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Frustrated Inadequacy

Today Dr Stanley was preaching about the life stages of a Christian.

Stage One is Unbelief: Ephesians 2:1-3 says we were all dead in trespasses and sin....

Stage Two is accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior: Salvation. We Believed in Christ and finally starting living as a son or daughter of God!

Stage Three is giving back to God: Acts of Service. We want to pour what God is doing for us into others and glorify HIM...!

Stage Four is Frustrated Inadequacy: Go shows us that we can't live the Christian life apart from HIM. We can not serve God in our own strength. We must trust Him and rest in the knowledge that the Lord will work through us to accomplish His purpose.

Today's sermon broadcast was so good I'm going to listen again. And I can hardly wait for his concluding sermon tomorrow. I feel that I'm some where between stages three and four.

My problem is definitely trying to do things under my own strength... And God is humbling me...!

No comments: