Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The First Thing and The Main Thing

What's the FIRST thing that crosses your mind when you awaken in the morning...? What's that initial conscious, cognizant thought that you have...? Do You even have a waking up pattern...?

My first thought in the morning goes something like this: 'Good Morning Lord, I Love You. I thank You for another day, You are an Awesome God....'

My morning time is my primary time with God. No matter how much stuff I have going on, I devote that first part of my day to Jesus. And the moment my eyes open I want to be in communion with HIM. If I'm still very sleepy I'll make my prayer a simple, 'I love You Lord', over and over again. Sometimes (like this morning) I'll begin praying for extra strength and fortitude for a full and busy day ahead (like today). Sometimes I have to pray: 'Lord, Help me wake up, help me pray...'

But the point of all this is that Jesus Christ is the first thing on my mind to start my day. He's the main focus of my day. I recall a song I heard by a Christian artist a long time ago... It was called Main Thing.

It was really pretty simple, just a 2 part chorus actually. The lyrics went like this:

First Verse sung by women and girls: The main thing is to keep the MAIN THING the main thing. (repeat)

Second Verse sung by men and boys: I KNOW the main thing is to keep the MAIN THING the main thing.... (repeat)

Last Verse All singing together: JESUS You're my MAIN THING...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Jesus, You're my MAIN THING...! You're NUMBER ONE on my list of important priorities. I love You Lord. And I thank You and Praise You and Worship You, my King. I want my whole day to be about glorifying and worshiping You. If I face a battle, or a problem... Something that challenges me, I will overcome and be victorious in Your Name, Jesus.

Father I do see a tough day ahead for myself. I'm starting out a little physically under the weather this morning and I do need Your strength to get me through. But Lord I know You are there for me. And I can do all things through You... So Lord I press on through this day. And everything is in Your honor, Lord.

Today I give my utmost for Your Highest... Lord thank You for my opportunities. I have another opportunity to have a major impact in the lives of many junior tennis players this morning in my camp. I have an opportunity to impact my co-workers. I have an opportunity to impact my family today Lord. Father God I just pray Your blessings on my day. Help me keep it all in perspective, Lord. Allow my witness to shine brightly today and every day.

Jesus YOU are my MAIN THING...! I give this day to You, Lord. And in Your Sweet, Kind, Gentle, Holy Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: