Monday, March 13, 2006

That All Might Know HIM...

This was the title of Pastor David Barclay's sermon this past Sunday. He preached from Phillipians 3:10 '...that I might know Him and the power of His resurrection...', and Psalm 22:22-28 '...All the ends of the world shall remember and return to the Lord...'

It was a great sermon. The two key points of the sermon was that 1.) we are commissioned to know Jesus, and 2.) we are to make Him known to others.

Here are a couple of key quotes from Pastor Barclay that impacted me:

'...We've got a story to tell, and a Savior to share...' And

'That All May Know HIM is God's number 1 Priority...! -Christ deserves our worship...!'

Our mission is to fulfill the Great Comission...! But who do we witness to...?

Well, we must make sure to pay attention to DIVINE APPOINTMENTS.... These are definitely family, friends, possibly co-workers... -who ever the Lord brings into our lives.

We don't need to go off to some foreign country to witness. North America is a ripe mission field. The United States needs God just as much as anyone...! -I see that my little community of Columbia Lakes is a ripe mission field and this is where the Lord has planted me so this is where I must bloom...!

We mustn't miss opportunities... We've got to do three things:

PRAY about it.

GIVE of ourselves: our time, and our money...

GO do it now. Don't procrastinate, be pro-active...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You for providing spiritual nourishment for my family through First Baptist West Columbia. I can see that You are doing a great work in that church, Lord. Father I pray for today that I and my family present a great witness for Your Kingdom. I pray that we don't miss any opportunities and that we are a blessing to all we encounter.

Lord Jesus I pray for a great tennis camp today. Many of the local youth have chosen to spend a good portion of their spring break with me and I want it be a very memorable occasion for them Lord. Here is my first 'opportunity' for the day...! And Father, well You know my tournament deadlines are drawing close... And I'm praying for more entries, Lord.

Father God, these are things that I would like to happen, but Lord I do pray that Your divine will be done here and what ever happens I will press on with a joyous heart. You see my King, I'm just happy to be one of Your Adopted Children. And I love You, and Praise You, and lift You up no matter what the circumstance or outcome.

Father I lift up my wife and stepson and little baby to You this morning. Bless them my Lord. And I lift up my co-workers today. This environment we're operating under is particularly stressful and I know that not everyone has the coping skills that I do, so I pray for them. (-Especially for Dondra, my manager who is suffering from a back injury!)

Lastly Lord, I just pray that You bless my schedule. I can't afford to waste time. There is lots to do and little time to do it in... Strengthen me. Guide me. Lead me, Lord... I will follow You...!

I pray these things this morning in the name of my personal savior, Jesus Christ.

Amen.

No comments: