Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday: My Day Of Thanks

I feel like I am always petitioning the Lord. Indeed, it is my calling to intercede on behalf of others. But I try to take one day a week and lay down my requests and just thank and praise HIM for His goodness and all He's done for me. You've heard of the term: Thank God it's Friday.. Well I take that to the literal extreme.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I am so grateful today for my life. I have a blessed life. I live in America and I have so much freedom that is taken for granted by many. But I know that the rest of the world does not get to live in luxory as we Americans do. Father God Thank You for placing me in the greatest country in the world.

Lord thank You for my family. I love them so much, especially that little baby. Elijah is truly your gift to this family and the world. We can already tell at the age of seven months that he has a special personality. What a blessing!

Father God, I acknowledge that I have a great job and I am very happy with my occupation. It is a great privilege to work with young people and adults and to be a positive influence in their lives. Certainly at times I feel overwhelmed with activity and responsibility. But then I think of those who are out of work, or can't work as a result of some physical affliction and I give thanks and praise that I am healthy and active.

Lord Jesus I just thank You for everything. I give You praise. You are an awesome God. You are so worthy of my love and devotion. I don't have any requests today Lord. You know me. You know my needs. You know my wants. I give this day to You Lord. I love You and want to serve You my King.

In the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and personal Savior I pray, Amen.

No comments: