Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting Back To Basics: Intercession

Look, it's been five days since I've posted in this prayer journal. Now certainly, it hasn't been five days since I've prayed, but it has been 5 days since I've set aside special time like this morning time to just spend in God's presence. Now how does God feel about that..? Well, he can't be pleased.

Suppose this were a human relationship. Would I go five days without without spending any quality time with my best friend...? Absolutely not.

God gives us 24 hours each day. Can't I give HIM at least one of those hours...? How about 30-45 minutes...? Isn't the Author of the Universe worth at least 1/24th of my day...?

And I know I've been all over the map with my devotional time. I awakened today with a sense of need to get back to intercession. Oh, it's fine to go off on studies here and there and to expound on a particular topic occasionally, but this journal's roots are grounded in intercession and praying for souls to be won for the Kingdom. IT'S TIME TO GET BACK TO WHERE I STARTED.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today Lord I'm getting back to basics. I want to lift up my family: My brothers John and Stanley, and my Sister, Becky. Lord I pray that they know a deep abiding relationship with You. Father I pray that someone or something comes along and witnesses to their souls. Father I pray that You season my words in conversation and communication with them that I might be Your ambassador.

Father God, I didn't have any say over who was boprn into my family. That is Your Divine Appointment, Lord. What am I to do with that appointment...? I have tried a number of things. But I haven't prayed like I could have and should have.

Lord I lift up Stanley, Becky, and John to You today. I present them to You. I pray for their salvation, Lord.

Father God, You have this situation in Your hand. I leave it with You. And I pray this special intercessory prayer in Jesus' Name, AMEN.

No comments: