Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Praying To Know God's Will

The past few days I've been listening to Dr Charles Stanley's series on knowing God's Will for Your Life. I've heard this series before. It's excellent as are all Dr Stanley's series.

Without going deep into the series this morning, I will report that two ways a person can discern the will of God is through the reading of His Word and through prayer. These are the main two ways. Pretty simple huh...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

God You are Good. You are an awesome, powerful, wonderful, almighty God. I love You, Lord. And I pledge my life to You. I am here to do Your Will, Lord. Father I know my family has been placed here to be a witness for Your Kingdom. We struggle with being an effective witness occasionally because we don't always function smoothly as a family. I see those times as spiritual attacks Lord. I feel the enemy would like nothing more than to render us ineffective for witnessing.

So Father I lift up my family this morning. I pray blessings on Monica, Connor, Elijah, and myself. I pray that each family member know Your individual will for their lives. I bathe them in prayer today, Lord. Bless Them. Lift them up, I pray. We all want to live God-honoring lives.

Father I pray also for my coworkers at Columbia Lakes. Wednesday is always a big meeting day here. I pray that wisdom and good decision making prevail. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to be present here at work today. Father help me to impact my work place for You.

Lord I do pray that Your Will be done. I pray for You perfect will, my King. Lord You are Perfect. You are a Perfect God. And I love You and Praise Your Name.

In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: