Thursday, March 30, 2006

Precious Time

Time is the greatest commodity in the world. I think that most people take time for granted. We have no idea how much time we have left in this world. As I compose today's devotional this morning I am keenly aware that it very well could be the last post I ever make. Certainly, I'm hoping and expecting to be around tomorrow but there's no guarantee. And that makes every moment, every breath precious.

Having lived 40 years now, it's safe to say that I've probably already lived at least half my life. If I get another 40 years out of this body I'll be extremely grateful because I'd sure like to make up for lost time.

The first 20 years of my life I really didn't know the Lord. I knew OF Him but I really didn't know Him. And honestly, in the last twenty years I can say that although I've been saved since 1985 I've really only been on fire for the Lord for about the last Five Years. And after getting married and having a baby my perspective of life, the value of time, and God's will for my life have completely changed. I've never felt God's calling like I do now. I realize now how becoming a husband and a father changes a man dramatically. I mean the metamorphosis is like a catepiller to a butterfly...There's this deep compelling need to provide for my family spiritually that I never knew existed. I want to be the most Godly man I can be to inspire and disciple my children, and to honor and cherish my sweet wife who is such a blessing to me.

My wife and I are severely stressed with our time management these days. I awakened at 3 AM this morning to write this devotional just so I could have time afterwards to work on my other work until Monica awakens and then I can help her with the baby so she can get her work done, too.

Especially while Elijah is in his baby years there just seems to be precious little sleep time for Sam and Monica. So today while I may pray for many things, one of my greatest prayer requests is that God allows me to be a good steward of my precious time.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord Thank You for this moment in time. Thank You for another day to serve You, my family, and to influence the world for the Kingdom of God. Father I hope and pray that You still have many days left in store for me, but regardless I will live today like it's my last one. I will love and cherish my family like I may never see them again. I will run head first into this day with reckless abandon to honor You, Lord. You are my Savior and my Redeemer. You are my King. I owe everything to You, my Precious God.

You are the Father and the Keeper of Time. Thank You for this time you give me. Father help me to make the most of this time. I feel the hour is near. Possibly my last hour, or the hour of this world. There is definitely no time to waste. Lord there are souls to be saved...!

I pray dear Lord that my life, and my words, and my actions would glorify You today and make a difference to this world around me. Father I pray that I not miss a single opportunity to win a soul for the Kingdom. My King help me be a good steward of my allotted time.

Precious Jesus, I lift up some important women in my life today:
  • Thank You for my sweet wife, Monica and bless her day today. She's struggling with her time just as I am.
  • I lift up my sister in New York as she is ministering to her family and friends in her sphere of the world.
  • I lift up Marguerite Mariani who has just lost her mom. Grant her peace and comfort and may she know Your will for her as she enters a new phase of her life now.
  • I lift up my mother in law, Judy who is such a sweet kind woman. I pray that she and her husband Arno are used mightily by You in their retirement years.
  • And Lastly Dear Lord I pray for my Grandmother who is into her 90's. Father please keep her around a little longer so I can get to know her better.

Lord Jesus, I love You. My life is Yours. You gave Your life for me and now I give my life for You. There is no greater way for man to live (and die) except in service to His King.

Father I pray these things in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


No comments: