Thursday, March 16, 2006

Lifting Up the Mariani Family

Dear Prayer Warriors,

Please join me in lifting up the Mauro Mariani Family of Whitestone, New York, today. His wife, Sue suffered a major heart attack on Monday and is in a coma on life support. My sister Becky is Sue's daughter in law. (she's married to John Mariani, Maura and Sue's oldst son). Sue is a kind sweet woman and has been like a second momma to Becky for a long time!

I've known this family for over 20 years and they are very dear to me as well. I'll post more details as I find out...


Dear Heavenly Father,

My Lord and Savior, It's difficult to go a single day without coming face to face with our own mortality. Father, You know the Mariani's. You know their situation. I lift them up to You Lord. I pray for comfort, I pray for understanding, I pray for strength in their hour of need. They are in shock over the condition of their beloved Sue. Father God I just pray that Your will be done in this matter.

I specifically lift up the Mariani children: (all grown up adults) John, Bobby, Marguerite, and Paulie. I know what it's like to face the prospect of losing a mom, and I'm grieving right along with them. I pray for Mauro who has been married to Sue for I don't know how long, something like 50-60 years. I can't even imagine what he's going through. I never want to face the time that I might lose my sweet Monica... That would certainly shake me to my very foundation. I'm sure there are other relatives, and they are concerned and grieving, too.

Father God, today is about the Mariani's. They will be facing difficult decisions ahead as they determine whether to keep Sue on life support or not. Draw them close as I am sure they are seeking You in their time of need.

Lord I am seeking You. I need You. I love You and Thank You and Praise and Worship You my King. There is no other God like You...! You are a God of Wonder and Might. You created the whole world. You are the Author of Life. Lord Jesus I pray these things and present the Mariani's to You in Your Sweet Holy Name,

Amen.

No comments: