Monday, April 10, 2006

Holy Week

This week we reflect on the last week of the life of Jesus. What must it have been like to go through what Jesus did for our sins...? I remember watching the Passion by Mel Gibson a few years ago. Was that how it really was...? That movie was graphic, to be sure. What ever happened, the point is our Lord suffered, died, and was buried, but on the third day he rose again...

HALLELUJAH...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I need You today like I've never needed you. I just feel weak today spiritually. Send Your Holy Spirit to strengthen me, to lift me up and face the tasks ahead today. Father God You are most holy. You are the Savior of Mankind. I bow down and worship you, my King.

Father God today I lift up the Mariani family again. They just lost their mom weeks ago and now Mauro (the daddy) just had a stroke and is in the hospital. I pray for Mauro's health today and I pray for the spiritual well being of Marguerite, the daughter. She is going through a difficult time coping with the loss of her mom.

Lord Jesus, I just pray for that entire family this morning. Bless them Lord. Send help to minister to that family that they might draw closer to you.

Father, I haven't been the Godly man You've called me to be, either. I'm struggling with negative thoughts much of the time. Fill me with Your Love. Fill me with Your Spirit. I want to be a man after Your own heart, Lord.

Father God I pray this morning in Your Son Jesus' holy name, Amen.

No comments: