Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Lord, Open My Eyes

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." - (Matthew 5:8)

Read the verse or the entire Chapter in 36 languages, use the update scroll down menu and pick your language: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?Book_id=47&chapter=5&version=31


To the blind all things are invisible.

What do you SEE when you worship? Jesus taught that a pure heart would 'see God!' The problem is not God's inability to be seen; it's our inability to behold Him. No wonder David cried out, "Create in me a pure heart." (Psalm 51:10) Our word 'pure' is from the Greek word 'katharos', which means 'to clean out', much like a laxative. That may seem funny, but it's true. Jesus is saying "If you've heard too much and seen too much" give your heart a laxative. Don't carry around what God wants discarded. Get rid of "every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us." (Hebrews 12:1) What God wants to show you is worth cleaning up to see!

Jesus said, "You are already clean because of the Word I have spoken to you." (John 15:3) The Word will cleanse you! It takes clarity to flow in divine authority. Only a pure heart can know what God is doing and see how He is moving. Unidentified, unconfessed, unforgiven sin will block your spiritual arteries like cholesterol.

A heart that's not pure will keep you seeking the wisdom of men rather than the ways of God! It will keep you NEEDING PRAYER instead of offering prayer for others. In short, you need to clean out your heart so that you can hear, worship and experience God in a new dimension.


That's HIS word to you today! (taken from Pastor Bob Kraft's morning devotional)

Dear Lord,

I've been praying for a pure heart. Father I want to be closer to You. I was remembering the lyrics to an old Rich Mullins song last night as I was walking home from work. I thought what a beautiful prayer it was: 'Oh God, You are my God. And I will ever praise You. Oh God, You are my God, and I will ever praise You. I will sing You in the morning, I will learn to walk in Your ways, and step by step You'll lead me. And I will follow You all of my days...'

Oh Heavenly Father, I do want to walk in Your ways. And Your praises are on my lips night and day. I seek You Lord. My first thoughts and last thoughts of every day are of You. My God, help me see what's before me. Help me to react and respond to the challenges ahead. And Lord, show me what You have me prune from my schedule. Help me to guard my thoughts. Help me to lead others to You dear Lord.

I love You and Praise You and worship You, My King. I give this day to you. I lift up family members today, Lord. There are so many who don't know You or their relationship with You has grown luke warm. Draw them close to you Father, Never let them go. Help them find the way to you. Lord I pray this morning especially for the Mariani family. That family has been struggling with personal tragedy for several weeks now. Comfort them dear Lord. Lift up the tender hearted Marguerite, your servant. She has spent years, (her lifetime) taking care of her family. She needs to know You Lord. Bless her.

Lord God I pray for my own family this morning. I pray for my precious wife Monica who is so weary these days. I pray for Connor as he struggles throughout adolescence. And I pray for baby Elijah as he moves into toddler stage. And Lord I pray for myself, too. Guard us and protect us from the snares of the Evil One. We are under constant spiritual attack, Lord. Satan would not have us doing the Lord's work...!

Father God I place my trust in You. You can do anything. You can help us sell our house in Houston. Lord I pray for the family that is to buy that house. I trust that You are working it all out right now, Lord. Father I trust that You are working out these issues at my place of employment right now. Lord I will not be anxious. For You are a Mighty and Awesome God. Thank You God. Thank You, Jesus. And I pray these things in Your sweet, holy name, AMEN.

No comments: