Friday, April 21, 2006

What God Says About Busy-ness

Last night I decided to take a detour from Genesis and read from the book of Proverbs. I've read through the first 3 chapters and am going to go back and read them again a few more times this weekend and meditate on them. The topic is wisdom and foolishness. Proverbs says that those who seek the Lord are wise. It also describes those who are too busy for the Lord and His Holy Word as foolish. It further goes on to say that the wise will live forever and foolish will perish.

I really think the Holy Spirit is speaking to me right now. Every sermon I listen to, every scripture verse I study, every Christian talk show, even dramatic presentations like Adventures in Odyssessy and Unshackled all point to pruning out the busy-ness and narrowing my focus to serve the Lord more fully and completely.

Is God trying to speak to your heart today...? Take some time out from your busy day. Take some quiet time for the Lord. Pray about it. Read His Word. Discuss it with a pastor or mature Christian whom you respect and admire...

I'll tell You God is changing me right now in ways I don't fully understand, but I do know enough to fear the Lord and be obedient. You just can't afford to mess around when the Creator of the Universe and the Savior of the world is trying to tell You something..!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I want to know You more. I want to walk closer with You. I pray that You keep me on fire with a hunger and thirst for Your word. I pray that my life is a living witness and testimony of a Godly man, a man after Your own heart.

Lord God I want to honor You in every way, with every word that comes from my mouth and every thing I do. Lord, I am blessed in riches far beyond what I ever thought I would have. Now I just want to pour out blessings on others. Help me to be a blessing to others...

I pray for the Mariani family this morning. Lift them up in a right relationship with You, dear Lord. I pray for my co-workers. I really have no idea the condition of their souls but I know that I have been put here to witness. Bless my interaction with everyone I work with.

Father God, I have been blessed with many tennis students young and old alike. I pray that I am able to instill in them not only a love for tennis but a love for life, and ultimately, a love for You, my King. Let them see the love in my heart for You, Jesus. Let it be evident in every thing I say and do. I am Your ambassador, Lord.

Dear Lord, bless my sweet wife who works tirelessly to make a good home and raise the children. I am so appreciative of her. Thank You, Jesus for giving me such an awesome helpmate! And Lord I lift up my little baby boy, Elijah and my stepson, Connor to You this morning as well. Bless them. Guard them. Help me to be the spiritual leader and mentor they need to grow into great men of God.

Lord I just pray for myself, too. Guard my heart. Keep me free from the snares of the evil one. Help me with my issue of busy-ness. Give me super-natural strength and energy to accomplish much today, Lord. One of my highest priorities is to honor You with good and efficient use of my time. We just don't know for sure how much time we have left on our life clock. I want to make the most of every minute for Your Glory...!

Father God I love You and I give this day to You. I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: