Wednesday, June 21, 2006

FORGIVENESS

Here's a random thought I came across this evening in an online newsletter I subscribe to:

'Forgiveness of others is mostly for our good, not theirs. Unforgiveness eats at us like cancer. It can literally make us sick. We cannot grow spiritually without learning to forgive.'

How true, how true... I'm just going to let that one sit there awhile and mull it over for a few days...

I definitely have some forgiveness issues on my plate right now...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You are the most forgiving person who ever lived. In Your model of prayer You instructed us to ask for forgiveness from You as we also forgive those who have trespassed against us. Lord I need lots of help in that area.. I'm bad at forgiving.

When someone 'wrongs' me I tend to hold onto it. And I agree with the author of the quote above. Unforgiveness most definitely stunts spiritual growth...!

Father God, help me with my forgiveness issues... I want a pure heart that can be used by you, my King...

I pray this in the power of the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen

No comments: