Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Living More for Jesus

Something's going on with me spiritually right now. I'm feeling like living more and more for Jesus every day. The more and more I pray and meditate on it then the more I realize that my time here on earth needs to be spent in winning souls for the kingdom. I need to be living a life that makes a difference. I need to invest my time in other people's lives. I feel convicted that I'm not realizing my potential for the Kingdom right now.

God has called me to be an encourager and an intercessor. And I think that God has some big stuff in store for me to do. But I've been plagued with what I call 'busyness' for years now. 'Busyness' is Satan's way of slowing me down and keeping me from advancing the Kingdom and achieving God's will for my life.

I've got to face the obstacle of 'busyness' once and for all and start living my life 100% for the Kingdom. I know that there are many Divine appointments that God has lined up for me and I'm dropping the ball. I've got to arm myself with the sword of the spirit and get in the thick of the battle. There are many eternal lives at stake.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord Jesus You are Holy. You are Divine. You are my Savior. You are my King. I worship You Lord. I just lay down face first at Your feet begging forgiveness and asking Your Holy Spirit to fill me up so that You might be poured out again and again in the lives of others.

Father God, I want a right relationship with You. Show me Lord what I need to prune from my schedule and my life so that I can be a more effective witness. Help me in the area of discipline. I have to learn to become a better organizer of my time.

I have so many prayer requests, Lord. But You know them. You know how desperately I want to witness to my family and friends. Lord I care about their eternal salvation. Lord you know everything. I give it all to You Lord.

Father God I pray for the family that You are preparing to buy our house in Houston. Bless them Lord. I lift them up to You.

Father I continue to pray for vacation bible school at my church. Bless the little hearts that are attending this week and I lift up the teachers and volunteers as well. There is no greater work a man or woman can do than invest in the lives of others.

Lord You invested everything in the World. You lived, suffered and died for my eternal salvation. You made the ultimate sacrifice, Jesus. Thank You for giving Your life. I owe you mine. Lord I give this day to you. It's all about You, Jesus. I love you.

Father in your sweet, holy, precious name I pray... Amen.

No comments: