Monday, June 26, 2006

Prayer for vacation bible school

Dr Stanley gave a powerful sermon this weekend on my favorite topic: Prayer. I want to just listen to it over and over again... (In fact I think I will...) Among other things, Dr Stanley focused on intercessory prayer, and in the next few days that will be the topic of my morning discussion and musings.

This week our church is hosting vacation bible school. I'd like to take this morning to lift up everyone involved in VBS. There's nothing more important than helping a little child or youth know Jesus.

Dear Heavenly Father,


Lord God, You are awesome and mighty. You are my King, my Redeemer. There is truly none other like You. When I look at this world You created, all the brilliant color, all the diversity of life I stop in amazement at how anyone can go through their life and not believe in You, or to doubt Your existence.

Divine Master, I love you. I give my heart and soul to you. I pledge my life to you.

Sweet Jesus, I pray a big blessing on our churches' Vacation Bible School this week. I lift up the teachers and the volunteers. I pray for the young hearts that are about to be transformed by a closer walk with Thee.

Lord, I pray for myself today, as well. Please help me to know You better. Help me to pray better. Help me impact and make a difference in the lives of others through prayer.

Thank you for Dr Stanley who tirelessly preaches Your word. I lift Him up today as well.

Lord God, I pray these things with confidence and assurance in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: