Thursday, June 29, 2006

Spiritual Relationships

Dr Stanley's morning devotional was excellent today. He was discussing our spiritual relationships with other believers. The article described other believers as our spiritual family. Here are some of the highlights:
As believers indwelt by the Holy Spirit, we all belong to the family of God and have a special relationship with one another. We are spiritual brothers and sisters, called by God to live in loving agreement with one another.

How can we learn to lay aside our own goals and preferences in order to help our spiritual family? By remembering how precious we are to the Lord and how important others are to Him as well. Biblical love —in Greek is Agape. This type of love —willingly sacrifices so that someone else might benefit.

Agape Love is the super glue that keeps the body of Christ together and enables us to put the interests of others ahead of our own. Diligence and cooperation, along with lots of love are divinely given fruits of the Spirit and are necessary to preserve the peace. (Ephesians 4:3; Galatians 5:22-23)
When I think of Agape love one of the first people I think of is my sweet wife Monica. She is always placing other's needs before her own. (-Especially in our family) I will some times get on her case for neglecting her own needs but it's something she just can't 'rewire'.. She is most definitely a Godly wife and Mother and a real blessing to everyone around her.

Another great example of Agape love is my sister, Becky. I've always said that she's the 'nicest' chadwell. (and she is...) My sis has been sacrificing her own needs, wants, and desires for the good of others all of her life. She is definitely the super glue that holds her family together.

Today I'd like to honor my wife and sis by praying for them. They are my earthly family and my spiritual family as well. I consider myself greatly favored by God to have such people in my life...!


Father God, thank you for these two incredible women in my life. They are a truly a joy and a blessing. They are an inspiration. They are Your hands and feet, my King. They embody the essence of true agape love.


I lift Monica and Becky up to you today, Father. Bless them. Bless their families. May they continue to always be a blessing to those around them. Do not let the enemy distract or discourage them. Indeed, I stand in the gap for them in that regard.

I pray for their busy schedules. I pray for quiet time for them. I pray for their health.
Thank You Father for Monica and Becky. God, You are an awesome God. I love You Lord and I give this day to You and I pray these things in Your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: