Friday, June 30, 2006

Submitting To God

Surrender. That's what I do today. I just surrender. Lord, I'm going to try to grab some quiet time today and just listen for Your still small voice.

Father God, I just want to know You more. I want to know that I'm following the correct path for my family. I've got to defeat this stronghold of 'busy-ness' once and for all. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment.


Yesterday, I was reviewing some sermon notes from the very first sermon I heard Pastor Dave Barclay preach. He said the priorities of our lives should be these two things:


#1 is: To know HIM.
#2 is: To make Him known.

How simple. How elegant. That's it. Is it possible for my life and the lives of my family to be that simple...? I want that for the Chadwells. (It's not right now...)

A familiar scripture verse came to mind while I was reading Pastor Barclay's sermon notes. "...Seek Ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and All These Things shall be added unto You....!' -I've got a problem with that one...
My problem is that I've got that scenario inverted. I'm running around staying busy and focusing on seemingly everything else first before seeking the kingdom of God.

Oh God does figure in to my daily routine, but he's not the number one seed in my tournament. I'm still going out and trying to live life under my own power, and I'm falling miserably short each and every day...!


Father God, I submit to You... I need You Lord. Please just take control of my life. Typically every morning I tell You I love you and I give the day to You. But then I go out the door and take the day back for myself. I think about you when I wake up and when I go to bed, but that in-between time is kinda thin...

Well, today really is going to be for You.
Lord Jesus I ask that You create in me a new spirit. And I pray that everything I do today I do as if I'm doing it for You, for Your Glory. Father I really do want to see what it looks like to Love You with all my heart, mind, and soul. I do love You, Jesus. And I'm going to start showing evidence of that today. Father God I give thanks and praise and glory to You today. You are an awesome God. You are a kind, loving Father who wants nothing but good for his children. You showed the world the most awesome example of agape love through the sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus.

And I pray these things and submit my life to that same Jesus Christ my Lord and Personal Savior, Amen.

No comments: