Friday, July 28, 2006

Prayer For Elijah

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I give You thanks and praise for my sweet baby son. Today is his birthday. One Year Old...! Praise You, Jesus.

Father God, You are truly an awesome God. I am not really worthy of Your blessings. I still try to do things under my own power. Show me dear Savior what total surrender looks like. I want to be that kind of model for Elijah.

Lord You know that I didn't grow up in a christian family or household. My parents never emphasized a personal relationship with You. I never witnessed a Godly Daddy in action. I want to be the man of God You have called me to be. I want Elijah to have what I didn't have, Lord.

Father God, Bless my little boy. Bless his life. You have blessed him greatly thus far. He has made it one year happy and healthy. Lord I realize that he is Your child first, then mine, Jesus. Thank you for trusting him to me. Help me to a good steward of his life. Help me to be just what he needs Lord. I know I can't do anything apart from You, my King. So I lay this request and kneel at Your feet, my Lord.

I love You Jesus, and I pray these things in Your holy name, Amen.

No comments: