Friday, July 14, 2006

Prayer for Rest

I've got a big project to complete today. I haven't slept much this week. I've been too busy, the baby hasn't slept well. The Kitty's have been loud at night.... Sigh... Monica's worn out, too. Boy do I need to get my act together. My plan is to get my project finished by noon today, then take a big nap...!

God did leave us instructions regarding our rest, you know. He left specific instructions. Next week I'm going to research every scripture verse that mentions rest and make a report. I think that would be a very good study for me.

Because I have been getting up extra early this week I have been sleeping in guest room so as to not disturb Monica and the baby. Now that my sis is here I have slept in Connor's room the past two nights. At one point, even though I was tired I still couldn't sleep and my bible and devotionals were in the guest room so I started browsing Connor's bookshelf. I came a cross a great book of Charles Spurgeon's morning and evening devotional.

-Now I have to get a copy for myself... -I'm hooked...!
Yesterday's evening devotional was particularly enlightening and encouraging...! I'll look forward to reporting the highlights in future posts.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you Lord for the omnipotence of Your love and the infallibility of your wisdom. You are the King of Kings, my Protector, my Savior.
Lord today I just rest in You. I've gone out and done it again. I've ran myself ragged and worn myself out physically. And to what end...? Have I advanced the kingdom any...? Not that I can tell.

My prayer today is selfishly all about my family and I...
Father God, I pray that I am able to complete my project this morning quickly and correctly. I pray for rest for Monica and myself. I pray for peace for my sis Becky. Lord, I don't like how busy I am but have taken on so many responsibilities I don't how or which ones to prune away, or the best way to go about it.

I need your guidance. I need Your discernment. I need you, Jesus.
Lord I love you. And I give this day to You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: