Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Believer Will Dwell in the House of the Lord Forever

Well, it's no coincidence that I've taken some time off from my devotional routine and I've had some rough days spiritually. Last night before I went to bed I vowed that no matter what happened today I was going to start my morning off giving time to God.

God wants and deserves my very best, and for me that's the first part of my day. A day that begins with reading a little scripture, taking a little reflective time, and spending time with the Creator and Savior of the world is going to be a good day no matter how one slices it...

Today I want to continue my study and discussion of Eternal Life. Throughout the next few days I'm going to look at various scripture references regarding salvation and life everlasting.

Psalm 23:6 says '...Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever...'

What is the house of the Lord...? Why it's heaven, of course! And how long will we dwell there..? Forever...! (that's Eternal life)

John 14:1-4 says '...Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God. Trust also in me. In my Father's house there are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will return and take you with me so that you may be where I am....

In this scripture Jesus says much.

1. He is offering encouragement to his disciples: (do not be troubled...)
2. He commands us to have faith. (Trust).
3. Jesus speaks about Heaven: (My Father's house).
4. He alludes to dying for our sins: (And if I go to prepare a place for you...)
5. He speaks of conqueing death and his triumphant return: (I will come back...)

That really is Good News, isn't it...? If we trust in the Lord, if we give our lives to Him and ask Him to come into our hearts as our personal Lord and Savior we will not perish but have eternal life...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for blessing us with Your holy sacrifice. By dying on the cross You atoned for our sins made it possible for us to enter into heaven and have life everlasting when we pass away from this existence on earth.

So what are we here for anyway...?

Are we not here to draw closer to you and to influence others to do the same...?

We are here to live lives that make a difference, not for our own pleasure. We are here to love and serve the Lord God our Creator and Savior.

Lord I do love You. I know I don't always show it very well. In fact, sometimes I do a horrible job witnessing for You and honoring You. Father forgive me. I do want to give You my best...! I set aside this morning for You. I set aside this day for You, Jesus. Lord I give my life for You.

Father thank You for the many divine appointments You have placed in my life. I thank You for my precious wife. I pray continued healing upon her. I pray blessings on baby Elijah and my stepson Connor. Father I thank You for the sweet little boy who comes to the tennis courts every day. And Lord I thank you for bringing my friend home safely from Iraq.

Lord there are many others too numerous to mention here but you know them all. I will be thinking about them and praying for them throughout the day today. Father I do lift up my mother and father in law. I lift up my brothers and sister. I lift up my tennis sudents. Bless them Jesus. Keep them safe and healthy.
Father God I pray these things in the most powerful name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: