Friday, August 18, 2006

I've been thinking about this....

The commentary below is from an anonymous author. It ties in with the series I started a few days ago on eternal life... I believe that God places 'storms' in our lives to draw us closer to HIM. As we approach another anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy in a few weeks I am reflective of that terrible day. I remember thinking how thousands of people left for work or travel that morning and never made it back home. They had no idea what they would be facing in just a few short hours. And the truth is that none of us knows what the next moment will bring. So how are we living our lives right now. Are we living for eternity...?

Question: "Where was God on September 11?"

Answer:
God is always here with us. But if we reject Him, He will leave us. If we seek Him, He will come to us. Scripture says, "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you,' declares the LORD." It's not a question of where was God, but where were our hearts and our minds as individuals.

Similarly, the Bible tells us to call upon Him while you have the opportunity: "Seek the LORD while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near." The obvious implication is that a time will come when He will not be so accessible. He is near to each one of us right now, and He answers prayers.

Even in the midst of the carnage following the World Trade Center attack, there were dramatic, miraculous answers to prayer. There were also incredible acts of bravery and compassion. These emotions of love, compassion, and mercy come from God. When we honor firefighters and police who were willing to risk their lives to save other people, we're acknowledging God's activity reflected in human beings. Where was God on September 11 ? God was there. And He is there in the midst of every crisis that strikes your life.

Nevertheless, we must also remember that if we reject Him, His covering and His blessing can leave us. As a nation, we need to remember that in years gone by, our heavenly Father protected us. It behooves us as a people to remember our gracious Protector, our King, and our Lord, and ask Him to come and look after this, nation again.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, I come to you this morning seeking peace and seeking direction. You know my heart Lord. You know that I am having trouble with some relationships in my life. Lord help me with my patience. Help me to always be on guard and prepared for the enemy to attack my thought life. Help me to control the words that come out of my mouth.

Father God I want to worship you in all my words, thoughts and deeds. Just help me Jesus. Help me be the kind of step dad Connor needs. Help me to be more encouraging, more motivating, and more sensitive to the needs of this young man whom you have entrusted into my care. I'm falling way short in this area, Lord.

Help me to be the best husband, father, coach, friend, and neighbor to my family, students, and the community around me. Lord you have called believers to live different lives, to be set apart from the world... Many times it is difficult to tell my life apart from that of an unsaved man.

Lord I feel an urgency about something. I don't know what it is for sure but I do know that my heart is not right with multiple relationships and circumstances in my life. And I know that these relationships need to be fixed before I can grow closer to You.

Lord I do praise you that you are here with me. I'm not facing any crises alone, ever...! So Lord I rest in You. I love You my Lord and my Savior...! And I give this day to You. I give my situations to You Jesus. You can fix any problem. No difficulty is to big for the Creator of the Universe...!

Father God thank You for my family. Thank you for the promise of eternal life. Thank You for every precious second of existence here right now. It is my prayer that I make the best use of this time You have given me. Help me to know Your will. Help me to know You better, Jesus.

I pray these things in Your precious holy name, Amen...!

No comments: