Tuesday, August 01, 2006

How Do We Feel About Eternity...?

That is the question....? Are you living for the here and now or are you living for eternity...?

My wife and I were discussing this last night... We want to make sure that we don't get bogged down in 'just existing...', we want to live lives of great impact for Christ. We want to live what Dr Charles Stanley calls an 'Extraordinary Life"

Have you ever thought about what you are going to do for the rest of your life...? And then the big question...

What happens AFTER your life on earth...? Do we exist in some other form in some other dimension...?

The bible discusses life after death extensively. Jesus said that he came so that we might have everlasting life.... How long is Eternity...? I'm not sure but it sounds like an awful long time..!

It seems that how we spend our time in the here and now determines how we'll spend our life in Eternity. And I'm not just talking about our 'works' in the here and now. I'm also talking about our mindset...

This is a big heavy topic. And it's one that I can not hope to cover entirely in one morning devotional, so I'll let this discussion sort of be the theme topic this week...!

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord God I'm praising You this morning. I feel rested and ready to dive into this day. I've got Your word in my heart. I'm smiling. I feel greatly blessed to be an heir to Your eternal kingdom. Lord I don't know how many days I have left on this earth. There may be many or today might be my last. What ever happens Lord I love You. I have faith in You to work it all out for good. Father God, I pray that I be used mightily by You today. I pray that my light shine brightly. Help me to be extra encouraging, extra supportive today. Help me to be extra positive today. That's my hallmark, Lord. (Well, that's You shining through me...) Thank You Father for the gift of encouragement. Thank You Father for the gift of intercessory prayer. Thank you Lord for the gift of teaching. I pray Lord that you bless this discussion thread. I hope this topic turns some heads and stirs some hearts. Lord I hope this discussion firms and galvanizes my resolve to live a life totally abandoned to you. Lord I cover my family in prayer this morning. I especially pray for my dear sweet wife who struggled a bit yesterday. I pray for my baby Elijah that he has a particularly nice day today. I lift up Connor that he honor You by being a thoughtful, helpful, and obedient son to his mom. Father I lift up my sister and brothers that they might know a closer walk with You. My Lord and Savior, I give this day up for Your Glory. Today is not about Sam Chadwell. It's about living in the power and the glory of my Risen Savior Jesus Christ in whose name I now humbly pray. Amen.

No comments: