Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Getting Close To 9/11



I received a newsletter from the George Barna Group that published a report on the faith of Americans as we enter our 5th year since the tragic Setember 11th attacks of 2001. The Barna Report stated that according to their survey, overall the faith lives of Americans is virtually the same as it was prior to the 9/11 attacks. See the report by clicking here.

I wish the Barna Group would have interviewed Monica and I... We are forever changed by that horrific day and I know many others who are, too.

Dear Heavenly Father,

You are meet us in the storms of life. You are an awesome God. You are my Lord and Savior. Father God, You've got my attention. My faith life is much different than it was prior to September 11, 2001. I am deeply disturbed by the recent Barna Report about the faith of Americans.

Father God, today I stand in the gap for Americans. I Do believe in You, Lord. I Do believe in the sanctity of life and freedom. I can't believe that America as a whole has forgotten You, and that the tragic events of September 11, 2001 has not had a lasting impact on the faith life of Americans.

Lord I pray for this great country. I lift up the families of those who lost loved ones in 9/11. I lift up the leaders of this country. And I especially lift up the believers whose faith has not grown stronger since the 9/11 attacks.

I specifically pray for their hearts, Lord. I pray that we all draw closer to You. Father I love You and I give my life up for You.

And I pray these things in the power of the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: