Thursday, September 07, 2006

The following commentary is taken from Dr Charles Stanley's morning devotional today.

The greatest gift we can give the people in our life is a view of our friendship with God. When we talk about Him with our children or tell co-workers how He is working in our life, we sow seeds of desire in their hearts. Our family and friends will want the kind of close connection to almighty God that we have.

God has created you, saved you, and given you an eternal home. That’s the kind of friend any person should want to please and serve. Give back to the Lord the little that He asks of you: your time, your obedience, and your witness. -Charles Stanley


I've been thinking about my witness lately, and how I am perceived by others. I know I am not always popular with my 14 year old step son, especially when I have to administer discipline... My stand for Christ has caused me to suffer persecution in the work place on more than one occasion. My belief in God and the bible has most certainly put me at odds with the rest of my family.

My prayer today is that I am able to be a more effective witness through my lifestyle. My prayer is that I do not turn anyone off towards the bible or Jesus. My missionary field is my home, my neighborhood, my workplace and my community.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for today. I have another opportunity to live and grow in You. Lord, help me to make the most of the day, today. I pray blessings on my stepson and wife and baby this morning. I lit them up to you, my King.

Father God, I want to especially lift up the new owner of Columbia Lakes this morning. I have observed that He is a very hard worker. Lord I pray that he finds a balance between work and rest. He appears to be going full steam all day long, all the time. I admire that work ethic, but I know from first hand experience what it can do to a person physically and emotionally. Father I lift up Mr Verkin, Sara, Rheinholt, and all my co-workers at Columbia Lakes.

Father I do not know the spiritual condition of my bosses' hearts or the nature of their relationships with You, but I pray that they might see the You in me in the days, weeks, and months to come. I pray blessings on Them and the fruits of their labor. I pray blessings on our interaction. And I thank and Praise You Jesus for giving me a new work environment in which I can thrive.

Lord, I thank you again for my sweet wife who is always an inspiration to me. Help her to feel better Lord. And Lord I thank You for blessing of not one, but two houses. Father I pray for the family or individual out there whom You are preparing to buy our property in Houston. We don't know who that family or person is, but You do. Lord I pray for haste in bringing the sale of our home to fruition, and I pray for patience at the same time. I also pray for our plumbing problem on Arncliffe. Father I place that in your hands.

Lord I just pray that Your will be done in our lives. Thank You again Father for this life, and the everelasting life to come. I love you, Jesus. And I pray these things in your precious name, Amen.

No comments: