Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Praying for Me

Father God You know that I don't normally pray for myself. I consider so many other people and other situations more worthy of prayers than my own situation. But today Father I have changed my way of thinking, and I do ask for Your divine intervention.

Oh Lord My God, today I lean more heavily on You than ever. I am way behind on several projects and know that I will not get caught up without Your help. Lord I'm praying for a day of accomplishment. I pray that Elijah and Monica have a good day and I am able to stay focused and take care of the tasks at hand. And Lord I pray for my right knee that is the source of so much pain right now. I pray that you take away this pain, Father.

But, can it be just a simple matter of asking? I mean, why is this pain here? Why am I behind schedule all the time? Am I only facing these trials so that I will stay focused on You...? Is this pain Your way of making me slow down...?

Lord my rationalization has always been that there are a great many pressing needs on Your plate. My insignificant little needs are nothing compared to the problems the world faces on a global scale. Yet for some reason this morning I perceive that I am behind schedule not because of what all that is happening to me externally, but because I'm trying to accomplish results under my own power. My problem is INTERNAL.

I've been deceived, Lord. And I know It's pride. I pray for many things, but I'm too proud to pray for myself. And guess it's because deep down inside I think I can take of things myself.

Well, today I certainly realize the error of my ways, Jesus. I REALLY AM NOTHING without You. Oh I've typed those words so many times but today they really have a different meaning. I think it's the Holy Spirit working here.

Pride comes before the fall. I realize this morning that I'm just about to fall.

But Lord I'm NOT too proud to ask for help. Today as I declare You Lord of my life, I really am surrendering to You. Father take away this pride within me. Keep me humble. keep me dependant on You. You are THE SOURCE of all good things. Father I lean on You!

Father God, I pray that you hold me up. Lift me up. Sustain me, Lord. Heal Me. Father help me get my act together so that I can really be used by You. You ARE the Lord of my Life.

I Love You Lord. And I do give this day to you. Every thing I do today is for Your Glory, My King. And I pray these things in the power of Your precious, holy name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: