Friday, September 08, 2006

The Purpose of Life

This morning's devotional was inspired by Genesis 1:26-27.

What is the purpose of life?

The Father's intention from the beginning was to form people in His likeness. But regardless of our successes and achievements, He will not allow us to be content unless we are undergoing His work of transformation. Peace and joy will elude us until we submit to the Lord’s plan, because bearing His image is our very purpose in life.

It's right there in Genesis. God made us in His own image. We are called to grow to be like Him. But Satan has devoted his existence to placing obstacles in our path. The evil one is lord of lies, deception, and distraction. Satan's purpose is to separate us from God. He is out to get us and every day we face spiritual battles we may not even be aware of.

Busyness and discouragement are two of Satan's big guns. Busyness and discouragement distract believers from growing in Christ and they keep seekers from making time to find out our Lord. Busyness and discouragement are tactics used against believers and non believers alike.

Thank God our God is a God of Encouragement!

Remember, We are bearers of the GOOD NEWS... -Jesus Christ has died for our sins that we might have eternal life if we believe in Him!

My word today is to be of good cheer!

Remember your purpose!

Don't allow the enemy to distract and discourage you. Praise God in all things. He does have a master plan for our lives. Sometimes He just wants to draw us closer to Him through the storms in our lives. (And everyone is facing a storm of some kind right now.) If You are facing a storm and would like me to pray with you about it. Email me privately at coachsam@earthlink.net.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord Thank You for today. I have a big day today, Lord. I pray for a special meeting I'm going to have later this morning. Bless my presentation. Let Your words be my words, Jesus. This is a great opportunity for me to witness for Your Kingdom. I pray that I make a great impression this morning. Father I give that meeting to You. I place it in Your hands, Jesus.

Lord I pray that I continue to grow in Your image. I do want to be just like You, Jesus. Though the enemy may try to distract and discourage me, I will not allow it. I tust in You. I cling to you. You are my Rock...! Help me to be strong for my family. Help me to be meek, kind, and gentle. Father help me to always be an encourager, especially to Connor.

And Lord I just give the house situation to You daily. Father You know we want to sell our house in Houston. I pray that your will be done in that matter, Jesus.

Father God I just love You. You are the God of my life. You are my Savior and Redeemer.

I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen

No comments: