Wednesday, September 20, 2006

How Hot Is Hell...?

This post is a little out of the ordinary... It was inspired by my making breakfast a few minutes ago. I had placed two veggie patties under the broiler in our oven a few minutes ago and was turning them over. The first time I tried to turn them over I opened the oven door and took a spatula to flip the patties. But in doing so I reached partially into the oven. At once I could feel the heat radiating off the heating element from the top of the oven. It was really more than could bear and I quickly pulled my hand out.

The second time I tried to flip the pattie I pulled the tray out away from the fire before I did so.

Fortunately I didn't burn myself. But it did get me thinking about the Lake of Fire in Revelation, and also the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus. I remember that after death the Rich Man and Lazarus were separated by a great divide and the rich man was tormented with boils and burns from which he could find no relief.

I would imagine that hell is much hotter than the broiler inside my oven. What I can't imagine is enduring the pain from the fires of hell for all eternity. Praise the Lord I will never have to experience the lake of unquenchable fire because I am saved.

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I am not saved by any good thing I have done. Jesus did it all. It's just my faith that saves me. And it's my belief in Christ and my love for Him that transforms me.

Knowing how hot my broiler is, I don't want any part of hell. Now I know a good many friends who believe in God and Heaven. But I wonder what they believe about hell...? I've had conversations with them about their 'belief' systems. But I haven't really spoken to anyone very much about hell.

I suppose if we are 'saved' then hell isn't an issue for us, right...? Well how about those who think they are saved but they really aren't...? I know that there are people like that out there. I know because I was one of them...! I was deceived.

Now I can't be certain to know the condition of a person's heart just by looking at them on the outside and it's not for me to personally judge anyone. But if I love someone, if I truly care about them, then I'm going to let them know what's on my mind with regards to eternal security.

How hot is hell...? I don't know, but it's got to be at least as hot as my broiler.

Our church is about to start an outreach into our community. I'm excited about that. And I want to lift up my church body and it's efforts to reach lost and hurting souls in our area.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord you are the Creator of Heaven and Earth. You are the Creator of all things. You must have created hell. You did a great job making the earth, that's for sure. I'm sure that you didn't cut any corners in the making of hell. I believe that hell has got to be hotter than the hottest fire here on earth.

I don't want to see anyone judged and sent to hell, especially a friend or family member.

Father God, I pray that You bless the outreach efforts of First Baptist West Columbia. Bless the efforts of this family, Lord. We know that we have been called to minister to a lost world. Lord I pray for Your blessing on our ministry efforts. Let lives be changed by the hearing of the TRUTH. Let hearts be impacted through a kind encouraging word.

Lord Jesus, We are under spiritual attack. But You will uphold us. No weapon will prosper against us. No enemy can overtake us. We are covered by Your cleansing blood Oh precious Savior.

I love You Lord. I pledge my life and my fortune to You. It's all Yours, Jesus. Thank You for this life and thank You for life everlasting. thank you for this day my King. I consecrate it to your glory. And I pray these things in Your sweet holy name, Amen.

No comments: