Thursday, September 21, 2006

Jesus Was the Perfect Gift

Jesus is God’s precious and perfect gift to us. Heaven sent, the present
was willingly given at great cost because we were in desperate need. God
fashioned a gift that is: Universal and Personal. The Father offers salvation
through Jesus Christ to the whole world, one person at a time. (
John 3:16) Whoever receives Him discovers His unlimited worth. -Dr Charles Stanley

When I was a young boy my mom taught me to be thankful whenever I received a gift. She would have me write a personal thank you note or phone the giver and personally express my feelings of gratitude. I have been thinking about my life before I knew Christ and my life these past 20 years of walking with HIM. Oh, I've thanked Jesus many times for going to the cross for my sins. But I don't think I can ever thank him enough. I mean really, how can one properly thank someone for laying down their life for them...?

The best we can do is to thank HIM every day. We can Thank HIM constantly.We can live a life abandoned to serving Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, forsaking everything else...!

Lord Jesus,

Today Dr Stanley's message really moved me. The Holy Spirit has convicted me that I'm not grateful enough, and that I think about myself and my own selfish needs way too much. You modeled a life of total giving and unselfishness. Father God, I AM very thankful for Your gift of eternal life. Your act of unselfish sacrifice changed the course of humanity.

I live because You died.

Thank You Lord. Thank You Jesus. I'm sorry for those days when I was 'too busy' to pray. I love You Lord and I pledge the remainder of my life to following You and impacting those within my sphere of influence for you, Jesus.

Bless me and my house, Father.

And I pray these things in the precious blood of Jesus Christ, -Amen.

No comments: