Friday, September 22, 2006

Prayer for Elijah

My sweet little baby is sick tonight...! He has a fever of 102.5 degrees. Monica just gave him some children's Motrin and is trying to get him to go to sleep... I just lift him up (mom too...) in prayer tonight.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are Good. You are an Awesome God. I thank You for our precious little baby Elijah. He is Yours, Lord. And we trust You to heal him. Father God I pray that the medicine we gave him a few minutes ago works it's course quickly and breaks the fever and makes Elijah feel better.

Father I pray for a peaceful, restful sleep for mom and baby. Lord God I know that all things are possible with the Giver of Life, the Maker of the Universe...!

Dear Lord I'm sorry I didn't take time to do my devotional this morning. That was about the dumbest thing I could have done.... I was feeling convicted pretty much all day about it. -And I had a bad day because of it. -A really bad day... It reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw a long time ago.

It said NO Jesus = No Peace. And that was certainly true of today. I definitely did not have peace today.

Father God, by Your grace I WILL do better tomorrow. Thanks again, Lord. Thanks for the blessing. And I place the health of my sweet little boy in the hands of the Great Physician.

Lord,I love You. and I pray these things in the powerful name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: