Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lifting Up A Friend's Family

I have a good friend whom I've known for years. He recently confided in me that his mother was very ill. She is currently in Houston's Methodist Hospital having suffered a mild heart attack. Today I lift up this family.

Dear Lord God, You are the Great Healer. Father I ask a blessing of healing upon my friend's mom. I lift up my friend's father too, Lord. No doubt he is very concerned over the situation as well. And Lord I pray for my friend. He is the only sibling.

Lord what good can come out of a heart attack...? These situations are not easy to explain. Certainly any crisis draws us closer to You. We are made keenly aware of our own mortality when someone close to us has a near encounter with a life threatening occurrence. My friend's mom didn't even know she was having a heart attack. She knows now. I pray for the condition of her spirit, Lord.

Father I'm not sure what the outcome of this situation will be, but You do. You are God and You know all things. Lord I just pray that Your will be done and that all this is worked out for good.

I give this situation to You, my King. Thank You Lord for Life. And Thank You Father for Life Everlasting. Thank You Jesus for your Great Sacrifice.

I give this day to You, Lord. And I pray these things in the power of the holy and precious name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: