Thursday, October 19, 2006

All Things Are Possible...Mark 10:27

"With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God" (Mark 10:27).

I chose this scripture to look at this morning because it was a feature scripture in an article I was reading earlier this morning and it goes hand in hand with NOT worrying.

I absolutely love this passage of scripture...! Although it's nice to know the context or background of the scripture, this is one verse that stands alone without context. It's pretty much self explanatory. Even if you are not certain what is the 'it' that is referred to as being impossible for man, the follow up statement is the crucial part of the verse: All things are possible with God. God is everywhere. He sees and hears ALL. He knows ALL. He is the creator of ALL things and he enjoys ultimate jurisdiction over ALL things. (everything).

The key word here is ALL...!

People are limited. We can only physically do so much. But God has no physical limitations.

God is the HOLY. God is KING. Believers should never worry about anything because we serve a God with whom all things are possible...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I do believe in You. I trust you, Jesus. You have been there for me and this family time and time again.

Satan tries to distract, deceive, and discourage me but You hold me up. You sustain me, Lord. You deliver me. Father God You are my Rock. Everything else is sinking sand. I build my house, my life on Your firm foundation.

Jesus, I love You. I give this day to You. Everything I do today Lord is for Your glory. This is my offering to You, Father.

Thank You Lord for scripture. Thank You for laying the keys to happiness right at our feet in the form of Your Holy Word. I cherish Your word, Lord. And I hide it in my heart.

Father God I have many unspoken requests this morning. I don't have to list them. You know what they are. Father I do ask for mercy. I ask for grace. I can always use a good dose of humility and meekness.

Lord I lift up my loved ones to You this morning. And Dear Lord I pray that Your will be done in my life. I pray for clarity. I pray for singleness of purpose. I pray for vision.

Father God and I confidently claim victory in the power of Your precious, holy name, Jesus Christ, in Whom ALL Things are Possible,

Amen.

No comments: