Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In All Your Ways Acknowledge Him

The second half of Proverbs 3:5-7 tells us to acknowledge Him in all our ways. Let's look at that one word, All. What is that....? All is 'Everything'. Everything we do should acknowledge and give glory to God. I think in this case 'all' also means the frequency of our action, such as 'all the time'...!

So let's re-write that verse to make it a little more clear... EVERYTHING we do ALL the time should acknowledge and give glory to God.

Now the meaning of that verse is pretty clear. OK. So, let's stop and apply that verse to our own lives...

Ouch..! For me personally, that reveals a lot. Do ALL my ways acknowledge Him ALL the time...?

No Way.

But if we ARE able to acknowledge him more then He will do WHAT...?

He will make our paths straight. He will guide us and lead us in His perfect will.

We're still talking about a cause and effect relationship, here. If we do this, God will do that...
If we acknowledge God in our lives, then he will show us the way to heaven.

If we don't, we will not find our way. We will be LOST.

We can't just worship God on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings and then sit back and coast in between times. The act of acknowledging God in our lives needs to be a 24/7 activity.

Tomorrow we'll discus Matt 6:33 (Seek Ye First...)

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I love You. I want to acknowledge You in all my ways all the time. I want You to make my path straight. I want to be an arrow pointing to heaven. Father God I pray blessings on myself today. I am no good to anyone in my current condition. I need a spiritual renewal. I need you, Jesus. Lord I give You my heart and soul. I live for You alone.

Bless me, Father. Raise me up. Hold me close.

Thank You Jesus for my wife and family. Thank You for my church, my home, and my career. Thank You for my students, friends and relatives. Thank You Lord for my salvation in You.

Lord, You have already blessed me. How can I avoid acknowledging You...? I see You in all these blessings. You are ever - present, my Lord and King.

I give this day to you, Jesus. And I pray these things in Your precious holy name, Amen.

No comments: