Monday, October 16, 2006

Prov 3:5-7, and Matt 6:33

These are two very familiar verses:

Proverbs 3:5-7 states: Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes. Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.

Matt 6:33 says: Seek Ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

On the surface, these are two classic 'cause and effect' statements. If you do THIS.... Then THAT happens...

But I think it runs a much deeper than that. Trusting in the Lord with all one's heart and seeking Him first, are more than mere action plans. They are blue prints to success, fulfillment, and peace. I'd like to take a close look at these two scriptures the next few days and meditate and discuss what they mean to me personally.

Let's look at the first part of Proverbs 3-6... 'Trust the Lord with all your heart...

Who is this verse speaking to...? You (and me), the readers.

What are we to do...? We are to Trust the Lord. But the verse goes a little farther. It tells us to what depths to trust... (with all our heart...) We are to trust the Lord completely.

Do I do that...? Well, much of the time. Certainly in good times.... But do I ever worry...? Do I ever stress...? Yes. Well that's not trusting with my whole heart all the time. That's leaning on my own understanding, isn't it...?

If we do put our whole trust in HIM then we should not worry. Worrying and stressing about things is sure something I need help with...!

No comments: