Thursday, October 12, 2006

Prayer For My Day

Today is a busy, full day. I may have over extended myself once again... Sigh... Well, there's no 'maybe' about it. I've definitely over-extended myself... So I just pray for forgiveness. I pray for grace. I pray that all will work out as it should. And I pray that I get a grip on this busy-ness once and for all. I pray that I get caught up and stay there. This morning I just throw myself at the foot of the cross.

Dear Lord,

You know all that I have to get done today. And You know I don't have very much time to get everything accomplished. Father God, I've got to do a better job at managing my time. And that includes just not taking on so much responsibility. But where do I say No, Lord...? Everything on my plate seems 'necessary'. I want to honor You, my King. And I know that my crazy, jam packed schedule isn't healthy, and it's not God-Honoring... Help me discern what is best for my family and I. Help me to impact the greatest number of people for The Kingdom. I want to be right in the middle of Your will, Lord. And I sense I'm drifting at the moment.

Father God, I lay it at your feet. I lay my work this morning, my lessons this afternoon and my meeting this evening in Your tender care. I pray for blessing, Lord. I'm doing everything to the best of my ability. But that's just it. I'm doing it under my own power. I'm not good enough on my own Lord. I need to do it through You. -That's my big problem. Stubborn me. Prideful me.

Strip all that away, Lord. I want to do it right. I want peace. I don't have it right now. I'm making myself ill is what I'm doing. Help me, Jesus. Help me through today. Walk with me closely today, my King...! I'm weak and weary.

And Lord I lift up my family to You this morning, as well. I pray blessings on Monica, Connor and Elijah whom I love so dearly. Bless their day Lord.

Jesus, I love you and I cry out to You for mercy. Forgive me this sin of busy-ness. By Your Divine Grace I will carry on and get through this day. -And it will be a good day, Lord.

Thank you Jesus. I claim victory in You and in Your Holy Name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: