Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Lifting Up My Wife's Parents...

This Journal is basically all about intercessory prayer. Sometimes I feel led to do a study or discussion on a particular topic, but praying is the main interest here.

Today I'd like to lift up and honor my wife's parents. Arno and Judy have treated me like a son since the day I met them. They are kind and generous and give wise Godly counsel. They are good people. They are a blessing not only to this family, but many others whom they come in contact with.

Dear Father God,

Lord I thank You for Arno and Judy. I would not be the man I am today if I had never met and married their daughter, Monica. I thank You for the Ohlemacher family, it's values, and principals. I just want to lift them up today in honor and respect and pray many blessings upon them.

Bless their health, Lord. I selfishly want to have them in my life for many more years and I want them to enjoy a quality of life they deserve. Bless their time that it be spent enjoying each other's company in the pursuit of happiness and the edification of each other and those around them.

Bless my relationship with them, Lord, I want to get to know them better and have them really know me. I pray that Elijah and Connor will know them well. I missed out on a relationship with my grand parents.

Father God, this prayer really is all about thanks and praise to You because my relationship with Monica's parents is just another one of the many blessings in my life that You have graciously bestowed upon me. I am very grateful, Lord. Thank You, Jesus....!

I praise You, God. I worship You and give my life to You, Father. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: