Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Matthew 6:33 - A Road Map

Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God....

One of the things that verse means to me is to seek Him the very first thing in the morning when I awaken. This morning I awakened several times. It was a restless night.

Normally after I awaken I'll go into prayer. This morning however, my mind has been on other things... Namely, a big tennis event I have going on this weekend. I caught myself early this morning working on the tournament before before I had done my devotional and I immediately thought of Matthew 6:33.

The Holy Spirit was convicting me asking just WHO and WHAT am I worshipping here...?

Where do I place the emphasis of my life...? At that moment I felt so humbled and ashamed...

Starting one's day without prayer to God is like leaving on a trip to a place you've never journeyed before and You leave the road map and directions behind. -The end result in both scenarios is you'll get lost....!


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord forgive me for placing work before time spent with You this morning. YOU are my Lord and King. I place nothing before You, Jesus. I love you, Lord. And I do give this day to You. I ask blessings on my tournament this weekend and I leave it all in Your mighty hands.

Father God, You know my heart. Purify it Lord. Make me whole again. I bow before You, my King. Help me to be obedient and to honor You in everything I say, do, and think.

Lord I also ask that You lift up my sweet wife who is feeling a bit overwhelmed with the volume of work she is responsible for. And Father bless my sweet baby Elijah and my stepson Connor. They are very dear to me, Lord. Thank you for my family, Jesus.

Father I just give this day to you and walk in the victory of a life totally abandoned to You, Lord. And in Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: