Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Point to Jesus

This past Sunday evening at my church we had the ordination ceremony for our youth minister and our music minister. The sermon preached for that service was delivered by a guest pastor and it had a very good message. The subject and topic of the sermon was the ministry of John the Baptist.

John the Baptist had only one mission. That was to tell everyone within his sphere of influence that Jesus was coming and the kingdom of heaven was at hand...! The visiting pastor's sermon cautioned the candidates for ordination to never seek personal fame. The visiting pastor stated that he hoped that he would never see one of their pictures on a bill board...

He stressed that the job of Pastors was to shepherd the flock, to guide and direct the sheep, and to point the way to Jesus. Indeed, as believers we are all called to point to Jesus.

Does Your Life Point to Jesus, or something (or someone) else...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you lord for the leadership of Brother Mark and Brother Ryan. Thank You Father for that great message delivered Sunday evening. Father I lift up Mark, Ryan and their families. Bless them Lord.

I thank You Jesus for the awesome life I live. I thank You for America. I thank you for my precious family. Lord, You have blessed me tremendously and I sing Your praises.
I love you, Lord. And I pray these things in the power of Your holy name. Amen.

No comments: