Monday, October 02, 2006

Praise Report

The weekend has come and gone and there were a few bumps in the road along the way, but over all it was a good weekend. The team young athletes I coached placed second in the state competition, the weather was quite nice, and we made it home safely. You gotta praise God under those circumstances...!

The trip back to Columbia Lakes took three and a half hours. We listened to praise and worship music much of the way. There was one particular song that stuck in my mind last night. I'm not sure who sang this song or what the name of it was, but the theme of it was that the earth is not our home, heaven is. It was a great song with a great message. I'm looking forward to hearing it again.

The song impacted me so much it's inspired my devotional thoughts this morning:

Hold on loosely to the things of this earth. Where we are now is not our final destination. We are pilgrims on a long journey. Heaven is our real home. We're traveling home (to heaven) and our job is to pick passengers (the lost) along the way and take them with us...!

My question this morning is have you picked up any passengers lately? Or are you traveling this spiritual journey in a single seat vehicle...?

And let me ask you this... -What kind of vehicle would Jesus drive..? I think he'd drive a big SUV or a bus because he was always taking on passengers...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You God for this past weekend... It was a real blessing. Lord You are Good and You continue to shower me with blessings... I love You, Father...! Praise You, Jesus!

Father God I lift up the ministry of Dr Charles Stanley this morning. He is currently working on getting his sermons broadcast on radio and television all throughout Europe and the Middle East. I pray that strongholds are broken down and hearts are softened through his preaching and teaching. Thank You Lord for his strong christian witness.

Lord I pray for my own witness this morning as well. Help me to find a balance between work and family. Help me to make my work more of a ministry. I see my students, co-workers, and industry peers as ripe mission fields, Lord. Help me to impact everyone within my sphere of influence for You, Jesus.

Father, I thank you for the pending sale of our house. I pray for the family that is purchasing our home. Bless them Lord, and if it be Your will, I pray that this deal goes through smoothly and quickly.

I continue to pray for my knee that is still quite sore. I give that situation to You, Lord. You are the Great Physician and I know You can, and I know You WILL heal my knee. Thank You in advance for that blessing, Lord!

Lord I lift up my family this morning to have a good week. Thank You for my sweet wife and family. They are one of my biggest blessings.

Father, I lift up the owners of my tennis club this morning. Bless them and their efforts to improve this community.

Jesus, I love You and I give this day to You. I pray all these things in Your precious and holy name, Amen.

No comments: