Friday, December 01, 2006

Prayer for the Christmas Musical

Today I lift up the choir, praise team, drama, and technical arts department of First Baptist West Columbia. We're preparing for our Christmas production which is now officially one week away. I pray that all our parts come together, the drama runs smoothly, and all the technical support go well throughout the coming week.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I thank you for the privilege and blessing to be a part of the Christmas program at church. I thank you for Mark and Pam's leadership. Bless them, Lord. And Father I ask blessings upon our efforts this next week.

I pray that the Christmas production is a success and that lives are forever impacted because of it. And Father God, please work on my heart and the hearts of our ensemble. Work on my heart especially. I don't think my heart is in the right place to give You full glory right now, and I suspect others around me are in the same situation. Lord I want everything I do to be pleasing to You. And I know my brothers and sisters in the choir and on the praise team share this sentiment.

Bless us, Dear Lord. Guard Us. Protect Us.

Brother Mark explained to us last night that we are struggling a bit because Satan does not want us to complete our mission successfully. And what's our mission...? It's to witness and win souls, of course. I hadn't seen it from that perspective, but I know he's correct. -Of course he is...! Sometimes we just get so caught up in the process of accomplishing something that we lose track of why we are doing it in the first place. Thank You Lord for Brother Mark to keep us focused on the reason we do what we do. -It's for YOU and YOUR Glory, Jesus!

I really feel that we are under a severe spiritual attack. ...And that MUST mean that our production REALLY WILL change a life (or two) this Christmas.

Hmmm.... Perhaps it's already changing mine...

Father God, I love You. I give this day to You. I praise You Jesus in the Highest...!
I pray a hedge of protection around our Christmas production today and I pray this morning in the power of Your Precious Holy Name, Amen.



No comments: