Thursday, January 25, 2007

Back to Proverbs...

OK , today I get back on my study of Proverbs. Today we're taking a look at Proverbs Five. And Satan definitely doesn't want this post published. I am now writing it again for the second time this morning. (my first draft was lost due to a 'technical' error...)

Proverbs Five deals with the topic of sexual immorality. I think many in this world struggle with sexual immorality. Many that refuse to admit it. It is not a comfortable topic for some. In my life I have struggled in this area. But Praise the Lord I have been washed by the Blood of the Lamb. I am a NEW CREATION in Christ...! And my mission is to spread the good news and advance the Kingdom of the Lord. My mission is to help set the captives free. Knowledge is Freedom. And Proverbs is ripe with knowledge. Let's explore the first few verses and see what it says about sexual immorality, adultery in particular...

Verse 3: '...for the lips of an immoral woman drip honey, her mouth is a smooth as oil...

Verse 4: '...but in the end she is bitter and as sharp as a two edged sword...'

Verse 5: '...her feet go down to death, her steps to hell...'

Verse 8: 'Remove your way from her and do not go near her door...'

Satan is the master of deception and lies. Sexual immorality can be packaged to look good, sound good, and feel good. But the truth is that it is not sweet and smooth. It is bitter and sharp. It can kill you and cause you to go to hell.

Solomon doesn't pull any punches. He tells it like it is, plain and simple. But these verses are really just the tip of the iceberg. There is much more content regarding adultery and sexual immorality. Solomon continues Proverbs Five for fifteen more verses and then the following two chapters (Proverbs 6 and 7) also deal with the topic of sexual immorality.

But that's enough for today. This is a good start. Let's pray.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for Your Words of Wisdom. You set standards for the way we were to live long ago. Sadly, many have chosen to abandon these standards. Father I certainly haven't always lived up to these standards myself. But I thank You for Your Grace and Mercy. And I thank You for leaving us the Proverbs as guidelines to live by.

Father God I pray for Your blessing on this study. Reveal to me the truths You would have me share with my brothers and sisters. Lord Jesus I thank You and praise you that I am growing in You. I love You Lord, and I pray these things in Jesus Name, Amen

No comments: