Friday, January 19, 2007

Can Proverbs Change the World...? Th Answer is YES...!

The WORD of the Lord is Powerful. It's sharper than any two edged Sword...!

I've been reading, and reflecting on Proverbs Four for the past few days. Solomon sure sounded like he was a good dad. And reading about Solomon has got me thinking about dads, and what it means to be a dad.

My perspective on life has changed completely since I became a father. I wouldn't say I was a selfish person before Connor and Elijah came a long, but I was definitely a lot more self-absorbed. Now I'm really trying to figure out what can I do to make this a better world for Connor and Elijah.

Perhaps I can change the hearts of men with something I write... And then if those men are motivated impact and change other men's hearts it can just explode exponentially from there.

Perhaps it not something I write. Perhaps it could be how I interact with my fellow man. Perhaps it's how I live my life that will make a difference and impact others. -I don't know. I just know that it's my heart's desire to brighten up the area of the planet where I live.

I want to be the best earthly father God has called me to be. I want to be the best husband. I want to give my utmost in every endeavor I under take because that is what God has called us to be. And I want God to get the Glory. Not Sam Chadwell.

OK, so... Back to Proverbs Four. My key Memory Verse from this Scripture is Verse 26.

It is a written not so much as a suggestion, but a command....

'Ponder the path of your feet, and let your ways be established.' -This passage is commanding us to watch where we are going. Sometimes we fall into sin not because we plan to, but because we aren't paying close enough attention to what's going on around us and where we are headed. God calls us to stay spiritually alert at all times and take regular inventory of our life's direction.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You again for great fatherly examples as illustrated in Your holy word, the Bible. Thank You for Solomon. and how his life and legacy has continued to influence generation after generation. Father God, I want only the absolute best for my children. Help me to be all that You have called me to be. Help me to be remembered as Sam Chadwell, a man who loved and walked with God. Lord I don't need wealth, power, or fame. I just want to be faithful and obedient. I want to honor you at all times with my words, thoughts, and actions.

Help me with this study, Lord. I seek wisdom and knowledge so that I might pass them along to my family. I love You, Lord. And I do truly thank You for my many, many blessings. You are good. You are Great. You are Awesome my King and Savior....!

And I pray these things in your precious holy name. Amen.

No comments: