Monday, January 22, 2007

Standing in the Gap for Brother Ryan

Today I'm taking a short break from my study of Proverbs to stand in the gap for a dear friend in Christ, Brother Ryan.

Brother Ryan has a heavy heart. His family is under severe spiritual attack right now. This morning I want to affirm Ryan and pray for He and his family.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I want to thank You for Ryan and what he means to our church. Father God, I pray blessings upon he and his family. I pray that Your will be done in the lives of those he holds dear. Father I pray for healing of strained relationships. I pray for reconciliation. Lord when crisis come into our lives we know it just draws us closer to You. The family situations Ryan brought to our attention are on many hearts today.

Lord I know that many prayers have gone up to heaven for Ryan's family already. That's how this body of believer's repsonds. Father, this morning I just want to affirm Ryan and stand with our small group in prayer for Ryan's Daddy, his brother, and his brother in law regarding their needs.

I am so grateful for Ryan and the strong Christian Witness he presents for the Kingdom day in and day out. He is an inspiration to me, and many others. Thank You so much for the work Ryan does with young people. Thank You for the leadership Ryan displays within our small group bible study.

Father God, I pray that You continue to work Your good work through Ryan. I pray that Ryan be not discouraged, but that he stand on Your promise to work all things for good to those who are called to Your purpose. The fact that Ryan's prayer request has impacted others to spend time alone with You is evident that good things are already happening.

Strengthen Ryan. Comfort him. Give him courage. Grant him rest. Bless his house, oh Lord.

And Father, there were other prayer requests last night as well. I lift up Stephanie's friend who just found out she can't bear a child. We know you've handled that problem before, Lord. And I pray for Bruce and Danta's daughter and the decision they need to make regarding her medical care. Bless that dear family, Lord. And Father I'm sure there were many unspoken requests and needs in that room last night as well.

I just give all these things to You, my King. I rest in You. And I pray these things in the power of Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: