Thursday, January 18, 2007

Proverbs Four -More Fatherly Advice

If you took a look at the first three Proverbs, then Proverbs Four should sound very familiar. This is because Proverbs four basically repeats the good fatherly advice given in the previous Proverbs.

Verses 1-9 explain that Solomon's daddy gave him the same advice when he was a boy and young man and Solomon is just passing that advice down the generational line.

Verses 10-13 remind us again that if we receive Solomon's sayings we will acquire wisdom and live a long, unhindered, life.

Verses 14-19 once again caution us against giving in to the dark side, and to avoid the company of the wicked and perverse.

Verses 20-24 reflect more cause and effect relationships, And Verses 24-27 conclude the pasage with a call to action...! -We'll take a closer look at Verses 20-27 tomorrow.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, thank You for Proverbs. What a blessing they are. There is no reason that anyone should be without Wisdom when the Truth is so readily available through Your printed word. Father God this study has already been a blessing to me. I pray this morning for visitors to this site. Let this work be an encouragement to others to read the bible and learn more about what You have to say about how we are to conduct ourselves in this journey of life.

I wish I had begun reading Proverbs when I was a much younger man. Lord I have made so many mistakes in life. But Praise You Jesus for Your Forgiveness, Grace, and Mercy. Thank You Lord that I do not have to walk in the shadow of my previous life. I am a new creation in You, my King.

I love and cherish You, Father. Your words are life. I give You the praise and honor and glory for whatever I accomplish today, and I offer this day to You. I lift Your name up in the Highest and I pray these things in Your Holy Name, Amen.



No comments: