Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Standing In the Gap in 2007

My spiritual goals for the year are to complete several in depth bible studies. Memorize more scripture, and to Stand in the Gap more consistently this year.

I'm taking the first ninety days of the year to get to know the book of Proverbs better. I think the book of Daniel will be next after that. Beyond the Daniel study I'm not certain what will follow, but I'll let the holy spirit take care of that...

I feel called to share my thoughts, studies, and prayers in this forum but I want visitors on this site to know and understand that it is not about about me. It's about Jesus Christ. I don't want any accolades for what I have written. This is about giving Glory to God using the talents HE has blessed me with. I want this web page to point to Jesus, not Sam Chadwell.

Here's a quick question. We've all heard the phrase: 'Standing in the Gap'. What's a 'Gap'...? And what does that mean to you...?

I believe the gap is the empty space that sometimes separates people from God. It is the distance between an individual and God. If someone stands in the Gap and fills that gap then a bridge is created between that individual and God so that the individual can move closer to God.

A spiritual bridge is usually created through prayer and well wishes, but a physical bridge can also be created when we actively engage those that need encouragement and discipling.

Standing in the Gap should be a way of life for a totally committed man or woman of God.

Who can You stand in the Gap for today...?

No comments: