Sunday, January 07, 2007

Prayer for Our Sunday Service: January 7, 2007

This morning I want to lift up every aspect of my church and the Sunday service this morning.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God thank You for First Baptist Church West Columbia. Thank You for the Pastors, volunteers, choir, praise team, nursery workers, Sunday School teachers, technical arts department, deacons, and everyone else who make our Sunday service happen.

This morning I especially want to lift up the choir and praise team. Music sets the stage for our service and prepares many hearts for worship. I pray special blessings on Mark and Pam Stuckey. Thank You for their leadership, Lord. And bless our voices and instruments this morning as we seek to honor You with our talents, Father.

I also want to lift up my wife's Sunday School lesson this morning. I pray that those in attendance are drawn closer to You through the study Monica is facilitating. I lift my dear wife up today and give her authority to teach this morning. Bless her, Lord.

Bless Pastor Dave and his message this morning, Lord. And bless Pastor Ryan and the work he does with the young people of our church.

Father God, I love You and give this day to You, my King. And I pray these things in the precious, holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: