Monday, January 08, 2007

Proverbs Three

My study of Proverbs Three is going to take a couple of days at the very least. This morning I'm going to take a look at the memory verse I've chosen from Proverbs Three. It's one of the most widely recognized, and one of first bible verses I ever memorised as a young adult...

Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and He will make straight your path.

Proverbs 3:5-7

This is some of the most complete and perfect advice I have ever heard before. If we can just follow that advice we will live a happy life. Something else to consider is that any time spent trying to figure out how to get of a touchy situation is time wasted. God's guidance is more than sufficient for all the tests or trials we have to face. But in order to benefit from God's guidance we have to seek it out, first.

I can think of numerous times when Monica and I could not see how we were going to solve a particular problem, but after giving that problem to God things somehow found a way of getting worked out. Believe me, it is difficult to not lean on one's own undertsanding, but if you do acknowedge the Lord in all your ways, HE really will provide you a straight path...!

God is Good...!

No comments: