Thursday, January 04, 2007

Proverbs Two, part 2 verses 7-11

Yesterday we discussed verses 1-7 which listed the conditions that must be present for one to gain wisdom. We learned that gaining wisdom does not come easy. We've got to REALLY want it.

Now, Here's what God does for us when we seek HIM and obtain HIS wisdom and knowledge:

vs 7b... He is a shield for those who walk uprightly

vs 8.... He guards the paths of justice

vs 8b.. He preserves the way of His saints

vs 9... We will understand righteousness, justice, equity, and every good path

vs 11... Discretion will preserve us

vs 11b.. Understanding will keep us

This is an unbelievable package...! Who wouldn't want all these things for their life...? Well, do you remember our memory verse from a couple of days ago...? If you go back to Monday's study, the scripture tells us who would reject this unbelievable offer from God.

Proverbs 1:7.... 'Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge...' This verse was familiar to me even before I committed it to memory. However, Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge is only half the verse. That first part of the verse is very well known. The second part is lessor known: '...But FOOLS despise wisdom and knowledge...'

The bible says that a man who does not seek wisdom and knowledge is a fool. -That man will be susceptible to evil doers and the ways of darkness.

We will take a look at this concept tomorrow.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I have been a fool for so long. Much of my life, in fact. I've owned a bible for as long as I can remember but I've never been really on fire for knowledge and wisdom like I am now. And why now...? Why has conviction finally set in...?

I'm sure that for one it is because of the fervent prayers of my sweet wife, Monica. She has definitely been an inspiration to me. I praise You and thank You for my dear spouse, Lord. She is one of the greatest blessings of my life.

Another reason is Connor coming into our lives and then of course, the birth of Elijah. I want to be the best dad and step dad I can be. So I've never had more incentive to grow and improve myself than now.

Lord, I want to honor You through the honoring and caring of my family. I know I can't do that with out Your help. I can do nothing outside of You. All effort spent outside of Your will is in vain and will be consumed like wood, straw and stubble.

Father God I give this day to You. I love You and praise You, my King. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: