Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Business By THE BOOK

Recently I was working in the tennis shop and Elijah was with me. He was reorganizing the book shelves in my office. He uncovered a book that I've had since 1990... I haven't read that book in 17 years but have just started re-reading it.

It was written by Crowne Financial ministries founder Larry Burkett. The book is called: Business by the book and it's a complete guide of Biblical business principles for men and women in business.

I remember when I read it for the first time nearly 17 years ago. I was a relatively new christian and I was definitely a new businessman. Since my walk with the Lord was so new many of the scripture references bounced right off of me. Now as I revisit the text it all makes much more sense to me.

Larry Burkett passed away several years ago but he left a great ministry and a legacy of changing people's lives for the better through helping them learn to manage their money God's way.

It is very timely that Elijah uncovered that book because it comes at a time when Monica and I are thinking about both expanding my business and starting a new one.

I have several prayer requests today. Several of which involve our family finances and business ventures. Other prayer requests involve what's going on in local church and lifting up the church leadership. And of course, prayer for my time management.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are such a great Provider and Protector. Thank You for bringing that book back to my attention. Thank You for the life and ministry of Larry Burkett. His work continues to impact others years after his death. I want to leave a legacy like that, Lord!

Lord, You know the plans I have for my business. Father, I submit them to You for approval. I want everything I do to be pleasing to You and to honor You, Lord. Help Monica and I to make wise business decisions and to be good stewards of our finances and our time.

Father God I want to take time today to pray for our church leader, Pastor Dave. I pray for his decision making as he leads our church through some difficult times. Help Monica and I to stay the course and not be discouraged. Show us how to effectively minister to those around us, Lord.

And help us to manage our schedules better. Help us to set priorities and boundaries in our lives that will protect and shield us from being weary and ill all the time.

Lord I especially lift up my precious wife to you this morning. She has worn herself out and is need of recharging her batteries. Help me to help her, Lord. Give her rest.

Father God I love You and I give this day to You. I come to You in prayer first thing this morning because I know it's foolish to begin my day without checking in with the commander in chief, first. You are my King. You are my Precious Lord and Savior. I bow down and worship You, Lord. And I pray these things in Jesus' name.

No comments: