Thursday, March 22, 2007

Proverbs Study.. Back on Track

What ever happened to my proverbs study...?

Well, that study has been attacked and thoroughly thwarted by the Enemy for some time now... It's difficult to explain, but I have had a tough time getting past Proverbs 6. But today I do intend to press on....

Proverbs 6:1-5 Caution one against making promises to friends that one will later regret.

Verses 6-11 Warn against laziness and encourage us to be like an ant, keeping to the task and storing up provisions for later and being prepared for the future.

Verses 12-15 Define a wicked man. These are the verses I want to focus closely on this morning.

Verse 12 says a wicked man is worthless and walks with a perverse mouth.

Verse 13 says the wicked man winks with his eyes, shuffles his feet and points his fingers.

Verse 14 Says a wicked man has perversity in his heart, he is always thinking evil thoughts and sows discord constantly.

Verse 15 Describes what will become of such a man. It says that his calamity shall come suddenly and he will be broken without remedy.

Monica and I were witness to a 'Wicked Man' yesterday evening. We were shocked and sickened by something we observed and are agonizing now over how we should or should not have reacted to what we observed.

Honestly, this morning I'm still sickened by the ordeal. And I do hope and pray for God's swift intervention and hold on to the promise of verse 15.


Dear Heavenly Father,

You are an awesome God, a loving, just, and holy Father. You have blessed me beyond measure. My family and I have about the best life imaginable.

Our station in life is made more apparent to me when I witness acts of atrocity like I did last night. Lord I feel set apart and burdened with the responsibility to make a difference in this world, and to impact those around me within my sphere of influence for the Kingdom.

And Lord, You have given my family and I what seems like a larger sphere of influence than most. Father, in my life I have missed many opportunities and I know I must account for them one day.

I don't know if I did enough in the situation I found myself in last night. I had a restless sleep because of it and today my heart is still heavy, so I think I kind of messed up.

Lord, I'm sorry if I didn't act appropriately. I was truly shocked and amazed at what I witnessed. And I was frightened for my own family's safety.

Father forgive me. I could have and should have done more. I do pray for Your will to be done in this matter and lift up the precious innocent victim to You, my King.

Lord I want to be right in the center of Your will. I want to live every moment for You. I pray blessings on my family, Lord. Protect them from trouble. Protect them from the evil of men.

Right now I pray a hedge of protection around Monica, Connor and Elijah and myself, Lord. Protect us and help us to be discerning as to opportunities to witness for You. Help us to act more appropriately the next time an opportunity presents itself.

I love You, Lord and I give this day to You. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: