Sunday, April 01, 2007

Lifting Up My Church

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, this morning First Baptist Church West Columbia is foremost on my mind... I want to lift up Pastor Dave and his message this morning. I Pray for Your presence at the men's breakfast this morning. Father I would ask that You change the hearts of the men at my church, (including my heart, Lord). Make us more passionate to serve You and each other, Lord.

I'm right in the middle of deciding to stay and keep trying to get involved and effect change in the church or just moving on, seeking Your will elsewhere. I'm sensing things are not well with our church spiritually, Lord. And I don't know whether to stay and try to make things better, or move on and find something better for my family.

My patience is wearing thin. I need encouragement. So I look to You, Father. You are the Great Encourager. You told us never to worry. You told us to rest in You. You said You had great plans for us.

Lord I was thinking last night how many times in the past You have come through for me personally and also for my family. You have always provided for our needs. I know You won't stop now. So I do rest in You today. I do hold You to Your promise of never forsaking us.

Lord You are my God. You are the God of my family. We will trust in You. Thank You, my King. I love You and I give this day to You. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: