Thursday, April 05, 2007

This Study Must Be Having An Impact...!

This is definitely a good study. My spiritual warfare meter is on 'full -alert' right now...! I started off the day with my study and everything was going well, then yesterday afternoon I had a difficult time of it. The 'World' caught up with me and I was ambushed...!

Remember some of the characteristics of the world we were warned against...?

How about 'DESTRUCTIVE EMOTIONS...?"

Well, destructive emotions got the best of me yesterday. Yes, I was afraid that I was a little too smug in my comment about my maturing as a Christian in the past few years. Certainly, I'm farther along in my Christian walk now than I was a few years ago, but I was shown yesterday that I still have a long way to go. The Enemy definitely rendered me ineffective for God's use yesterday evening.

Without going into great detail let's just say that my patience and tolerance levels just weren't where they normally are. Anger got the best of me and I had to go off to the tennis shop last night and do some cooling down for a couple of hours.

I didn't actually complete yesterday morning's study which was quite lengthy, and today I'm further behind. But I'll get caught up on Friday and the weekend for sure.

This morning I'm just going to spend a little extra time in prayer before I head out for the morning.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Once again thank You Lord for this study we're doing at my church. I'm already being greatly impacted by it. The study of the characteristics of Holiness have shown me that not only am I not holy, I'm far from holy. Father God, help me with my emotional state. It's all over the place these days. I know that You take imperfect, incomplete, people and make them perfect and whole, shiny and new.

The battle of the mind is the most difficult battle.

I just can't make any 'head-way' without You! (pardon the pun!)

Lord I just have to give this to You. Help me Lord I pray in Your Holy name,

Amen.

No comments: